Articles on this Page
- 02/16/11--14:01: _PODCAST: Examining ...
- 02/23/11--18:00: _The Business Case f...
- 03/22/11--05:00: _PODCAST: Examining ...
- 07/07/11--00:05: _EA Fundamentalism
- 07/22/11--09:12: _Twtpoll results fro...
- 08/10/11--00:05: _PODCAST: How the ro...
- 12/01/11--00:30: _Why do pencils have...
- 12/19/11--03:30: _2012 Open Group Pre...
- 12/20/11--00:30: _Save the Date—The O...
- 12/23/11--00:30: _2012 Open Group Pre...
- 01/09/12--13:47: _SF Conference to Ex...
- 01/11/12--13:24: _MIT’s Ross on How E...
- 01/19/12--00:30: _Enterprise Architec...
- 01/31/12--09:52: _The Open Group San ...
- 02/02/12--15:00: _Setting Expectation...
- 05/15/12--14:44: _Three Things I Wish...
- 05/21/12--10:15: _Open CA Candidate P...
- 08/01/12--09:45: _Video Highlights Da...
- 08/14/12--08:30: _Challenges to Build...
- 10/02/12--03:00: _Five Types of Bad C...
- 02/16/11--14:01: PODCAST: Examining the state of EA and findings of recent survey
- 02/23/11--18:00: The Business Case for Enterprise Architecture
- 07/07/11--00:05: EA Fundamentalism
- 07/22/11--09:12: Twtpoll results from The Open Group Conference, Austin
- 12/01/11--00:30: Why do pencils have erasers?
- 12/19/11--03:30: 2012 Open Group Predictions, Vol. 1
- 12/20/11--00:30: Save the Date—The Open Group Conference San Francisco!
- 12/23/11--00:30: 2012 Open Group Predictions, Vol. 2
- 01/09/12--13:47: SF Conference to Explore Architecture Trends
- 01/19/12--00:30: Enterprise Architects and Paradigm Shifts
- 01/31/12--09:52: The Open Group San Francisco Conference: Day 1 Highlights
- 05/15/12--14:44: Three Things I Wish I Had Known When I Started My Career
- 05/21/12--10:15: Open CA Candidate Profile: An Interview with Andrey Zaychikov
- 08/01/12--09:45: Video Highlights Day 2 of Washington, D.C.
- 08/14/12--08:30: Challenges to Building a Global Identity Ecosystem
Listen to our recorded podcast on the state of EA, or read the transcript. The podcast was recorded by Dana Gardner of Interarbor Solutions at The Open Group Conference, San Diego 2011. Continue reading
If IT doesn’t believe in itself, how can we expect business to believe in us, to treat us like partners and not as order takers? Continue reading
Listen to our recorded podcast on the current state of EA, or read the transcript. The podcast was recorded by Dana Gardner of Interarbor Solutions at The Open Group Conference, San Diego 2011. Continue reading
One of the things I like about The Open Group is that it’s open to change – and always working on it. So the combination of The Open Group and TOGAF® and the awareness of important things coming from other directions provides me with an environment that, on the one hand, encourages rigour, and on the other, constantly challenges my assumptions. Continue reading
The Open Group set up two informal Twitter polls this week during The Open Group Conference, Austin. If you wondered about the results, or just want to see what our Twitter followers think about some topline issues in the industry in very simple terms, see our twtpoll.com results. Continue reading
Listen to our recorded podcast on certification and its impact on the professionalization of IT and skills management, or read the transcript. This podcast was recorded by Dana Gardner of Interarbor Solutions in conjunction with The Open Group Conference, Austin 2011. Continue reading
By Andrew Josey and Garry Doherty, The Open Group We know that TOGAF® isn’t perfect. In fact, it probably never will be, but sometimes, especially after a major release, it’s a good idea to stop and look backwards after its been … Continue reading
By The Open Group Foreword By Allen Brown, CEO 2011 was a big year for The Open Group, thanks to the efforts of our members and our staff – you all deserve a very big thank you. There have been … Continue reading
By Patty Donovan, The Open Group It’s that time again to start thinking ahead to The Open Group’s first conference of 2012 to be held in San Francisco, January 30 – February 3, 2012. Not only do we have a … Continue reading
By The Open Group Continuing on the theme of predictions, here are a few more, which focus on enterprise architecture, business architecture, general IT and Open Group events in 2012. Enterprise Architecture – The Industry By Leonard Fehskens, VP of … Continue reading
By The Open Group Conference Team In addition to exploring the theme of “Enterprise Transformation,” speakers at The Open Group San Francisco conference in January will explore a number of other trends related to enterprise architecture and the profession, including … Continue reading
By Dana Gardner, Interarbor Solutions This BriefingsDirect thought leadership interview comes in conjunction with The Open Group Conference this month in San Francisco. The conference will focus on how IT and enterprise architecture support enterprise transformation. Speakers in conference events … Continue reading
By Stuart Boardman, KPN It’s interesting looking back at what people have written over the course of the year and seeing which themes appear regularly in their blogs. I thought I’d do the same with my own posts for The … Continue reading
By The Open Group Conference Team With the end of the first day of the conference, here are a few key takeaways from Monday’s key note sessions: “The Enterprise Architect: Architecting Business Success” Jeanne Ross, Director & Principal Research Scientist, … Continue reading
By The Open Group Conference Team Yesterday concluded The Open Group Conference San Francisco. Key themes that stood out on Day 3, as well as throughout the conference, included the need for a better understanding of business expectations and existing … Continue reading
By Leonard Fehskens, The Open Group It being the time of year for commencement speeches, Patty Donovan asked if I could offer some advice to graduates entering the Enterprise Architecture profession. She specifically asked what three things I wished I … Continue reading
By Steve Philp, The Open Group Andrey Zaychikov is CIO and Chief Enterprise Architect Ministry of Sport, Tourism and Youth Policy for the Russian Federation In February 2012, Andrey Zaychikov became the first Russian to go through the Open CA … Continue reading
How can you use the tools of Enterprise Architecture and open standards to improve the capability of your company doing business? The Day 2 speakers of The Open Group Conference in Washington, D.C. addressed this question, focusing on Enterprise Transformation. Continue reading
In this fifth video - Building a Global Identity Ecosystem - we highlight what we need to change and develop to build a viable identity ecosystem. The Internet is global, so any identity ecosystem similarly must be capable of being adopted and implemented globally.
This means that establishing a trust ecosystem is essential to widespread adoption of an identity ecosystem. To achieve this, an identity ecosystem must demonstrate its architecture is sufficiently robust to scale to handle the many billions of entities that people all over the world will want, not only to be able to assert their identities and attributes, but also to handle the identities they will also want for all their other types of entities. It also means that we need to develop an open implementation reference model, so that anyone in the world can develop and implement interoperable identity ecosystem identifiers, personas, and supporting services. Continue reading
By Håkan Edvinsson and Peter Tallungs We have looked at some of the extreme personality types of chief architects to provide some hints on how to deal with them. Below is a list of five Enterprise Architecture characters we have unfortunately … Continue reading